Monday, January 17, 2011

Oh Heavenly Day


A beautiful winter day in Santa Fe. Sixty degrees and sunny - almost like spring. As if any minute buds will start popping green and the daffodils will flare.

I've even opened the windows to let the breeze blow through and refresh everything. First time that's happened in a couple months!

I'm not fooled. There is more winter ahead, but...
today is one heavenly day.

I'm two weeks into DEEP, Connie Hozvicka's Dirty Footprints Studio online intuitive painting workshop.I can't exactly explain how that works, but the painting and the incredible community I've found there have moved to the center of my world right now and I am already better for it.

As I go through the next few weeks I turn my attention to the abundance that is all around me as an act of devotion, a focusing of my attention. The more I pay attention, the more grateful I am, the more my heart softens and becomes permeable to the beauty that surrounds me. As all that sinks in, I begin to see differently. The camera comes out. The paint and brushes and paper take over the corner of the living room. I get a little swing in my step, even break into dance from time to time.

It's a beautiful thing.

Oh!!!! Had to come back and mention that today I bought a BIG canvas. Long and tall and white, just waiting to see what emerges. (Kind of scary.).



No comments:

Post a Comment