Sunday, February 27, 2011

Treasured!


Many thanks to Trina at TLA Designs who included this photo of mine, taken from the Rio Grande Gorge bridge outside of Taos, in her Etsy treasury This Island Earth. It's a wonderful treasury of photos of, well....this island we call home. Take a look and while you're at it you might find something in Trina's shop, too.

In other photographic news I am kind of devastated to find that I've misplaced the cute little Panasonic Lumix that inspired this blog in the first place. I still have my Pentax digital SLR and that's a powerhouse of a camera, but you can't beat the Panasonic for portability - it slips into (and apparently can slip back out of) a back pocket with room to spare and takes sharp, clear, true to color pics with ease. I hope I just put it somewhere obscure or it slid into some corner of the house and I'll find it again soon.

Meanwhile, I've signed up for the Arthouse Coop's latest challenge, called A Million Little Pictures, or AMLP for short. My disposable camera and theme, 'neighborhood characters', arrived by mail yesterday. By mid-June I'll have photographed 27 of Santa Fe's 'neighborhood characters' (shouldn't be hard to find them in this town) and sent the developed pics back by mail. Later some or all of those photos will tour the country on exhibit. Cost? $25. Practically free, and there are lots of interesting themes to choose from. It sounds like a lot of fun and I'll be sure to share some photos later. Meanwhile, check it out for yourself by clicking on the link to the right.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! How wonderful to be included in a treasury with such an awesome theme!

    I hope you find your camera soon. (Mine was missing for a couple of months until I looked under the sofa cushions.) Sending you good juju!

    - Jenn (from DEEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I was just thinking I should check under the cushions. It has to be here somewhere. Thanks, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete