Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happiness

Whiling away the hours in an airport layover yesterday I found this book, "The Happiness Project". (I especially like the covers for other countries which you can see by scrolling down if you click on the link.)


It piqued my interest - after all, who doesn't want to be happy? It's not that I am not happy; much of the time I am, but there are days when it seems to be a long climb out of a blue funk, so...I browsed through it and then went online to find the author's blog/website, also named "The Happiness Project".

It made me think, so...

In the spirit of it all, let me share ten things with you that make me happy today:

Being home again

Having the day all to myself

Taking a long hike in fresh spring air

Watching my dog, Sawyer, chase a dust devil whirling tumbleweeds 3 feet above his head

Seeing not one, but five golden-winged hawks soaring overhead, close enough that I could count their wing feathers

Hearing silence

Seeing fresh snow on the mountains

Walking over volcanic rock knowing it landed there over a million years ago,
blown from the Valles Caldera eruption, some 30 miles away

Walking beneath petroglyphs that remind me that people have lived
and walked in this very place for a long, long time


and their art endured, too.



Reminding me, it's time to

7 comments:

  1. your post makes me happy! turning my computer off too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your list and the things that you embraced!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenn and Tracy...it was a perfect day and I suspect it got off to a great start just because I started with the happy list. Going to try that more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me want to dance around and hugs everything from people to rocks!! LOVE this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. It made me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, I discovered the happiness project too not so long ago. V inspiring. And today I can happily say I turned off the computer and made art all day and it felt good (but I am now tired!) Hope you are well :)

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Amelia. I surfed around your blog ... I like! Will add to my 'blogs to watch'. Thanks for dropping by and be well.

    ReplyDelete