Thursday, April 21, 2011

I've done it again


Yes, it's time for the new Sketchbook Project - 2012 Edition.

Yes, I admit, I've entered once before and not completed my sketchbook. And yes, I am currently involved in AMLP (A Million Little Pictures) also by ArtHouse Co-op, and YES, I'm also staring down the other project...The Fiction Project.

Which strikes terror in my breast...what was I thinking? Writing is not my strong suit.

Yes, I need a 12 step program for this...what can I say? I love a challenge and even when I fail at said challenge, I sign on for another one.

But this time the folks at ArtHouse Co-op have done a few things to make it easier and better.

1. They say they are using better paper (this is key, let me tell you)
2. The project is going global both in scope of artists and in exhibitions
3. (Best of all!) there is a theme that is "untitled". My last theme was "secret codes". I had some great ideas for that and even had a stamp made, but ...by the time the stamp came other things had intervened, I was distracted, and I didn't finish. This time the field is WIDE open. Hooray!

Up above, by the way, is my one and only use of the stamp I'd made...and it's for a totally different project. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the announcement today about the Sketchbok Project and was considering it. I too joined a couple of years ago but the sketchbook is still here somewhere ....unfinished. :)

    I love that you had a stamp made!! And I'm excited that you joined the Fiction Project....would love to hear more about how that goes for you!!

    Beautiful journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shaking my head and walking away because I honestly cannot CANNOT sign up for a-nother-thing! But bravo to you! I like your attitude.

    Okay, so when your sketchbook arrives, do share your opinion on the paper. That HAD been my one excuse for not joining this year (and as I type that, I recall posting about my sketchbook and how I bitched and moaned and finally finished I was all "this was lovely ... maybe I will do it again ...)

    Are you in the Storyteller's Village? Would love to see you there.

    And these pages are fantastic!

    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lis! Well, the sketchbook arrived the other day. The paper is a disappointment, I have to say. It IS unlined and maybe a tiny fraction heavier but I was hoping for something like #100 weight or so. Am thinking that since I have 6 months until the finish, maybe I'll use the original binding and cut my own paper to fit inside. I'm pretty sure that's legal. If not...oh well!

    Not doing Storytellers - yet anyway. Too much on my plate at the moment, but I miss the challenges, the high bar you and others set, and the company. Give my love to everyone there and a big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete